Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cotton Candy Funfetti Cupcakes

What I love most about one of my jobs is that I can always count on people to eat anything that I bake.Especially Sarah. :) She's got a sweet tooth like mine so we bond over eating food that is bad for us. So when the bossman sent  out a memo saying we'd be having a team party I immediately was thinking, "yes I get to bake!" And so I made something quick and easy because I didn't want to have my oven on longer than necessary due to my small apartment already being so warm.

And so I made this sweet treat.

Funfetti Cupcakes with Cotton Candy Frosting

What you need:
Funfetti Cake Mix
Eggs
Water
Veggie Oil
Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Frosting & Cotton Candy Flavor Pack

I love the Frosting Creations because its so easy to mix a flavor and not have to worry about whether or not it's going to taste okay. And they have a lot of different flavors that are fun. I want to experiment and put the flavor pack in the batter to see if I could use it as a batter flavor; but that's for another day.


What to do:
Mix the funfetti cake mix as directed and bake at 350 for 18 minutes. Make sure to let them cool completely.

While waiting for them to cool mix the frosting. Take the plain frosting and add the flavor packet. Use your knife or spatula to make a hole in the middle of the frosting and dump the packet in there. Mix thoroughly.

Once your cupcakes have cooled pipe or frost with a knife onto your cupcakes. I added some sprinkles for a little bedazzlement but isn't necessarily needed.




And speaking of bedazzlement, kitten is a natural diva model herself. I just can't help but be obsessed with this cute face!


No comments:

Post a Comment