Friday, June 22, 2012

Cookie Dough Cupcakes


So I'll start with my most recent baking excursion, I decided to try out cookie dough cupcakes. 

This was a really delicious idea I got, of course, from Pinterest. I tried it out for a going away party for my friend Robby and it was a big hit! 



Because I don't have a kitchen aid mixer (though it's on my wishlist) and I'm a broke college grad, I tend to stick to box cakes because it's cheaper and easier for me. 

So here's what you'll need:
1 box yellow cake mix
2-3 eggs (depending on the mix)
veggie oil (amount depends on mix)
2 cans milk chocolate frosting
1 bag mini chocolate chips
1 package break&bake cookie dough
1 bag mini chocolate chips ahoy cookies

 To start:
Mix cake batter according to box directions. Preheat oven as directed. While waiting for  the oven to preheat break the cookie dough from their little squares into balls. Once the oven is preheated line your cupcake pan with liners and pour batter about 2/3 full. Place one cookie dough ball in the middle of each cupcake. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake part comes out clean. Let cool.




To frost:
I use Wilton icing bags and tips but you could also just use a knife to spread on the frosting. I used 2 cans of frosting because I love frosting and wanted to have extravagant looking cupcakes but realistically 1 can would probably do the job. So after your cupcakes are cooled frost the cupcake as the way you like. Then sprinkle mini chocolate chips on all cupcakes and top with a mini cookie.
 Voila! Cookie dough cupcakes!




I really love this recipe because let's face it, who doesn't love cookie dough! I only encountered a few bumps in the road. First was that my batter only made 21 cupcakes, which wasn't a big deal because it was only going to be 10 people at the party. Second was that some of the cookie dough baked like an actual cookie instead of staying in a ball so it made a cave on the inside. I think this was because I pressed down on the cookie dough pushing it to the bottom instead of letting it just sit on top. I will definitely be trying this again because it was a crowd favorite!
Stay tuned because my next adventure is a tribute to my sister Lauren with one of her favorites-Moose Tracks. I've seen a few different recipes but I'm going to try to accomplish my own version!

No comments:

Post a Comment