Monday, August 13, 2012

Oreo Cupcakes

It's been a crazy couple weeks because I have been bouncing between both my jobs and working a ton! But I did manage to fit in a little vacation to Lake Tahoe with my family and best friend Ivory so now it's back to the daily grind. I haven't gotten to bake a lot lately because I've been so busy so while I had about a 2 1/2 hour break between the two jobs I happened to fit in baking some Oreo cupcakes. So let's jump right into it!



What you need:

1-2 packages or Oreos (I used the knock off brand)
1box mix white cake mix
eggs
veggie oil
water
1 container white frosting

What to do:

Mix the cake mix as directed and preheat your oven. While the oven is preheating I crushed up about a row and a half of the oreo cookies. They are nicely divided into the three rows so that's how I measured how much to put in. This could be varied depending on how chunky you want your cupcakes.

This is what it looks like after a few bites
Once you put the liners in your cupcake tin, place a whole oreo in the empty liner. This is the base of your cupcake, trust me, you'll thank me later because it's a nice surprise! Then take the crushed up oreos and mix them thoroughly into the cake batter. Then pour in the cupcake liners filling them. Now I've made these before and the middles seemed to sink in a bit but this time I put 1/4 cup of batter, filling them to the brim of the tin and they came out perfect.

Bake at the time directed and then set aside to cool. Meanwhile crush up some more oreos, leaving some for toppers if you want to make them a little more gourmet looking. Mix in the crumbs into the frosting. I attempted to pipe the frosting but I didn't have a big enough tip and it kept getting clogged. So I just forfeited the tip idea and put the frosting on the cupcakes. It isn't professional looking but because I cut whole cookies in half and used them as toppers, the imperfections are subtle.


And while my cupcakes turned out how I wanted them too, I did come a across a weird moment. I went to the bathroom to wash my hands because my kitchen sink was so full of dishes and came across kitten drinking the water that was dripping from the faucet. I had noticed a few times when she would come jump on the bed and lay with me that her head was wet but didn't think too much of it because she likes to mess with her water dish. But alas, a conclusion has presented itself and the truth is out! Ain't she adorable!!





No comments:

Post a Comment